John Brook MRCVS of Spring Paddocks Equine Clinic is listed as an official measurer on The Joint Measurement Board Limited. The board was established in 1934 to run a national scheme for the measurement of the height of horses and ponies for the purpose of description and classification of such horses and ponies for competition.
The Equestrian Societies, which are Members of The Joint Measurement Board Limited, are:
- British Connemara Pony Society
- British Show Horse Association
- British Show Jumping Association
- British Show Pony Society
- National Pony Society
- Ponies Association (UK)
- Pony Racing Authority
- Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain
- Welsh Pony and Cob Society
For further information please refer to the JMB website.
For measurement at Spring Paddocks we require:
- Contact telephone number
- Horse/pony must be clean and groomed
- The shoes must be removed and feet prepared by a farrier and be clean
- Bring all registration papers and Passport
- Owner or agent must be present to sign forms
- Payment to be be made to the Joint Measurement Board before any measurement can take place (and confirmation e-mailed to the office)
- All horses/ponies must be microchipped and if not this has to be done at the time of measurement but at extra cost.
Please call the office on 01926 612937 to book in your official measurement.